Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Trooper Gate" in Alaska


In past few days, we have been inundated with politics, politics and more politics. I am about fed up and cannot wait for it to be over. However, there is one lingering thing that has me waiting with baited breath. The Alaskan Governor, Sarah Palin, has been accused of abusing her power regarding her insistence that her former brother-in-law and Alaskan State Trooper be fired due to being unfit for duty. Inasmuch as the trooper may not have deserved to keep his job, he had already been disciplined for his transgressions before Governor Palin attempted to get him fired. Can anyone say double jeopardy! Let's give her the benefit of the doubt for now. Yet, I am very concerned about the fact that I think she did what she is alleged to have done and that she should be punished accordingly. What is good for the moose is good for the gander...or some Alaskan like that.


" Know your limitations, but don't let your limitations know you." Dr. BLR

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really dont have any intrest in her becuase being from Alaska she is dealing with very different issues than what the bigger state deal with.

Very little experience.

cm

Anonymous said...

FOOLISH ACT! These are kidish behavior's. MOMMY was mad a me,so I took it out on my sisters boyfriend. This is another form of entitlement played on the legislative branch. C.O. 0424

Anonymous said...

She is not he first one and will not the the last one to use her powers as a politician to accomplish what she wanted. The only reason this came up it is because she was running to be vice-president on the republican party. At least it was within the family so nobody can claim racial profile.


(ES 1810)

Anonymous said...

Palin could have changed the way America is doing politics ,but as you get to know her ,she comes across as a damaged figure at home .With this in mind ,all politics is local.In fact , i do not want to be sexist in my thoughts ,she could not make it to washington , and she will never make it because her position on certain issues such as abortion and so on is not consistent with the average person.
LJ 6631

Anonymous said...

I think she's getting too excited because of her new popularity and it's getting to her head now. I don't know how she even became the governor because she doesn't seem like she is good in politics.
SG 4591

Anonymous said...

Darnell I am really unsure of the character of Sarah Palin, but this incident forces me to perceive her as childish and spiteful. For whatever reasons whether it being personal, she should not deny a man the right to earn a living. Now I understand if that particular officer had history in accusations regarding being unfit to work. But in this case that's not evident.