Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Obama: Savior or flavor of the month???


The presidential race has been very exciting and eye opening. The two candidates bring different skill sets to the table, but who will be ready to answer the call. From all accounts, the hands on favorite is Obama. Yet, he has been untested in the big arena. Can we take a chance on his youth or should we defer to the senior statesman? The jury is still out on both as they continue jostling for power in the waning days of the campaign. His campaign has invigorated young voters and we may see a record turn out for new voters, but is he the real deal? I feel that he will be no different than most politicians, but it is amazing to see what he has done. Win or lose, I think his month has been remarkable.

http://www.independentvoting.org/magazine/documents/BarackObamaTheRealDealor.pdf

" Responsibility is doing the right thing all the time...no questions asked." Dr. BLR

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you as i said before.

Anonymous said...

I think he will be different which could be dangerous for him.

Anonymous said...

I believe that Barack Obama has the capacity to govern this great country,the United States of America. His record track has been strong enough in dealing with the public in an effective way. I think that his young age does not matter that much in determining whether he'll be a successful president or not. Again, his leadership experience as a civil rights advocate, senator, and lawyer is what really matter.

Anonymous said...

Barak is special! However, things won't change with a sudden 'snap'.He'll have to be good because people want him to fail. Although ,millions love this new face, people are awaiting to criticize his presidential mistakes. C.O. 0424

Anonymous said...

I can not say he is the "real deal". I am posting this article in Feb, 09. President Obam is the president.

But in September, 2008 I was thinking the following: if he wins he will get the support of everybody, because if he does not deliver we all loose. America looses, not Obama.

(ES 1810)

Anonymous said...

I think Obama could become the real deal by bringin what he promise a "Change"..
I believe he can do it because as far as I seen he has started doing things other presidents have never done before.

1969

Anonymous said...

I think Obama will fix all the bull Bush caused trying to make himself rich.I also believe he'
s made moves since the day he knew he won.Which will be an unforgettable day for many. He's a very intellectual man who presents himself very well and follows what he preaches. We will see a change.

S.S.8161

Anonymous said...

I support Obama but I think that people are expecting too much of him. We are expecting him to be the answer to all of our problems and that's not realistic so I think that people think of Obama as a superhero which he isn't. He can do great things, but he cant change the whole country instantly.
SG 4591

Anonymous said...

Wow! Everything you have predicted is now revealed.In fact, polls show that the current president keeps hope alive.

LJ 6631

Anonymous said...

Darnell Any person running for president who can attract and encourage the youth to vote is fine by me. Me personally I feel the country definately need change and Obama's speeches was very persuading I feel as though he has the capabilities to put the country where it needs to be, one day at a time of course. I don't expect Obama to change the country overnight, with our assistance I feel he be a great president.

Anonymous said...

I believe in Obama as black african American president to change certain things in this country. He has many issues,for example the health care plan becomes a challenge.He wants to do that, what is the problem.J.E9722